Sunday, June 15, 2008

Back Home Again!

"A real journey is not about seeing new places, 
but in seeing with new eyes."

Marcel Proust

Yes and no to Proust's sentiment: I learn in the process of seeing and experiencing new places; and that learning allows me to continually see with new eyes. I'm back home in familiar haunts and languages. I won't say much else, except that my main plan for July is to write, spend time with Nadia and help plan Terri's wedding. If I go anywhere else, I'll add to this blog. Else, this is it. Thank you for coming along with me on this summer adventure and for all of your enthusiasm. I leave you with pictures I've taken recently while on jaunts here in California.

One of my favorite bookstores, in Santana Row.

The majestic Pacific Ocean from up on the hill in Point Reyes.

The Lone Cypress in 17 Mile Drive, Monterey.

Gellyfish at the Monterey Bay Acquarium.

Tomales Bay.

Sky and sand at the beach near Tomales Bay.

El Capitan in Yosemite; after experiencing it, you can't ever see your kitchen granite counters in the same way again.

No comments: